Doctors will be more successful in helping patients to move forward with the treatment they need if they employ proven techniques on how to work with insurance companies in the best interest of the patient and the practice. Sometimes the use of these skills determines whether a patient commits to starting treatment or decides to “wait and think about it”. Attend this session and receive tips and tools you can use on an immediate basis to receive the full insurance reimbursements to which you are entitled.
You will learn:
• 7 proven and effective steps in negotiating better PPO rates (for PPO participating doctors)
• The history and future of dental insurance
• Negotiating tips for the solo and group practice
• Maximizing your leverage in negotiating
• How to get to the right executive to negotiate
• Whether or not to participate and how to make it profitable
• How to handle downgrades and alternative benefits
• How to manage better reimbursements for complex or challenging cases
• Details about non-covered services such as dental implants, dentures , etc.
• Tips to avoid common billing pitfalls
• How to place a premium implant and use that custom abutment without eating the cost
Benjamin Tuinei is the owner of Veritas Dental Resources.
3rd party payor negotiating, or more specifically dental insurance fee negotiations, is still a foreign concept to dentists nationwide. Mr. Tuinei has spent the last 10 years improving and perfecting this relatively new effort for over 5000 dentists nationwide. Mr. Tuinei is entering his 19th year as a professional public speaker. He is a PPO expert writer for Dental Economics and is featured on nearly all major dental podcasts worldwide. He is considered the authority on 3rd Party Payor Negotiations by over 200 dental associations nationwide.