“The Art of War” by General Sun Tzu is a must-read for business strategists. To learn how to better deal with insurance carriers, you must be aware that the insurance industry has engaged in an impressive warlike strategy against dental offices. This course will teach dental teams how to employ some of the same tactics insurance carriers use against them in an effort to reduce insurance administration.
This course will cover the following topics:
• The power of pre-authorizations
• How California law prevents insurance carriers from denying pre-authorized treatment
• How to effectively appeal denied claims
• Engaging the Insurance Commissioner in free legal advocacy against illegal insurance activity
• Reviewing PPO contracts and negotiating fees
• How each of the above activities contributes towards keeping insurance carriers on their toes and abusing you less
Benjamin Tuinei is the owner of Veritas Dental Resources. 3rd party payor negotiating, or more specifically dental insurance fee negotiations, is still a foreign concept to dentists nationwide. Mr. Tuinei has spent the last 10 years improving and perfecting this relatively new effort for over 5000 dentists nationwide. Mr. Tuinei is entering his 19th year as a professional public speaker. He is a PPO expert writer for Dental Economics and is featured on nearly all major dental podcasts worldwide. He is considered the authority on 3rd Party Payor Negotiations by over 200 dental associations nationwide.