Topics will include
- Biologic rationale of bone grafting
- Ridge preservation and ridge augmentation: specifics, differences,
- Bone augmentation techniques: inlay and only grafting,
- Ridge-split expansion procedure vs. block grafting,
- 2D, 3D, and 4D of bone augmentation in implant dentistry,
- PASS principle and implant “Triangle of Success”
Dr. Len Tolstunov is unique in that he is a Diplomate of the American Board of the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Diplomate of the American Board of Oral Implantology and Implant Dentistry, and a Diplomate of the International Congress of Oral Implantologists. Dr. Len Tolstunov is the only surgical specialist in California who holds three Diplomate statuses in both oral surgery and oral implantology.
Dr. Tolstunov was born in Moscow, Russia. In 1985 he graduated from the prestigious Moscow Dental University with Summa Cum Laude and spent three years specializing in oral and maxillofacial surgery in the Emergency and Trauma Hospital in Moscow.
In 1989, he moved to San Francisco where he studied from 1990 to 1997 at UOP and UCSF. In 1992, he graduated from the UOP School of Dentistry with Honors and in 1997 from the UCSF oral and maxillofacial surgery residency training program.