SCCDS members enjoy a wide variety of exclusive benefits along with the same benefits available to every ADA and CDA member.
At the local level, SCCDS is proud to provide the following benefits to our members:
- Events and Courses – SCCDS is one of the busiest dental societies in the state! We offer something for everyone, including:
- Ongoing courses in CPR, Infection Control, OSHA and the Dental Practice Act. Affordable, close by and with many dates to make staying compliant easy.
- General Membership Meetings – Our meetings, included at no cost with your membership, are a fantastic benefit. Featuring speakers like Anthony Pogrel, DDS and Jamison Spencer, DMD, MS, these events offer 2 units of continuing education credits… and they always include a delicious dinner and networking opportunities with 250 to 300 fellow dentists! Meetings take place on the second Thursday of February, March, April, September, October, November and December. Cocktail hour begins at 6 pm at the Villa Ragusa event center in downtown Campbell.
- Practice management events
- Social, family and networking opportunities like our annual summer picnic or our new member welcome events
- Full-day symposiums featuring industry luminaries like Richard Stevenson, DDS, Kirk Pasquinelli, DDS and Curtis Jansen, DDS.
- Jobs – Looking for a new associate, dental assistant or hygienist? Or are you looking for that perfect position in a dental practice? Look no further than the robust Jobs section on this website.
- Classifieds – Whether you want to buy or sell your equipment, practice or service, our Classifieds section is the place to go.
- “The Cutting Edge” Magazine – Published 9 times per year, our award-winning monthly magazine “The Cutting Edge” is your connection to all things SCCDS. In each issue, you’ll find a special feature, calendar of events, thoughtful editorials, community news and a marketplace including classified and sponsored ads.
- Committees – SCCDS Committees provide unique networking opportunities, personal and business growth and advance knowledge of exciting events. With 14 distinct committees to choose from, you’re sure to find your niche.
- Volunteer Opportunities – SCCDS strives to connect dental professionals with opportunities to help those in need locally and internationally. Our member dentists participate in CDA Cares events statewide, offer screenings to community children and youth through our Give Kids A Smile Program and travel abroad to assist underserved populations in Jamaica, Honduras, Mexico and beyond.
- Patient referrals – Scores of potential patients contact SCCDS every month searching for the perfect dentist. Our responsive staff and Find a Dentist tool make that search quick and easy.
At the state level, the California Dental Association offers a robust Practice Support Center, free compliance and HR materials, active political engagement on behalf of the industry and a wide variety of informative publications and web resources. Members also receive exclusive access to TDIC (The Dentist’s Insurance Company) services and insurance products. Visit CDA.org to explore the wide variety of services available to tripartite members.
At the national level, the American Dental Association provides legislative and scientific support for the profession along with a diverse catalog of educational tools at greatly discounted rates. Members also receive a free subscription to the Journal of the ADA (JADA). Visit ADA.org to learn more about the many benefits that ADA provides members.