A picture is worth a thousand words.
A good, clear digital photo can be instantly shared with your patients to communicate what you have seen and why you are recommending treatment. A photo can also help get faster reimbursement from insurance companies. This course will teach you and your team about close-up clinical photography what it takes to master this powerful diagnostic tool.
This 6-hour hands-on program will teach you to:
- Build your own quality clinical camera for less than $1,400
- Take photos that chronicle treatment progress, support clinical findings for insurance claim submission, allow you to better visualize findings and share them with your patients and colleagues
- Use classic SLR style cameras
- Make a close-up smartphone system that can work for clinical images
- The course is separated into 3 parts: Camera photography basics in the morning followed by hands-on coaching demonstrations/anatomic reveals and finally a group practice session designed to help you master clinical photography before you leave for the day.
The seminar takes place on February 29 from 8 am to 3 pm at the SCCDS Office.
About Robert Shorey, DDS
Dr. Robert Shorey serves as Editor for the Santa Clara County Dental Society’s award-winning magazine The Cutting Edge. He has taught hands-on classic digital clinical photography at multiple local and state association meetings including CDA Presents. He has also written articles about digital photography for the Journal of the California Dental Association and DentalTown. He owns a private practice in Morgan Hill, California.