The California Employers’ Association is offering two free webinars designed to help employers understand the new Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) and options available to reduce overhead in light of the current shelter-in-place requirements.
April 9 from 12 – 1 pm
When there is a slowdown in your business or you are mandated to cease or significantly limit operations, what options do you have to reduce your overhead? In this timely webinar, where employers are dealing with shelter-in-place directives from the government, we will discuss:
- Definition of “furlough,” “layoff,” and “reduction in force”
- Highlight notice requirement under WARN and CalWARN
- Other considerations such as pay reductions, schedule changes, removing or altering other benefits
- Furlough procedures so when you are ready for your team to come back to work you can hit the ground running
- Use of accrued time off
- Wage replacement benefits available through the state
- Payroll tax assistance for employers
- Small business loan assistance
Please register on the website to save your seat. You will receive login information the day before the webinar.
April 14 from 11:30 am – 1 pm
Signed into law March 18, 2020, the FFCRA introduced new leave laws that California employers need to know how to implement immediately. The Emergency Paid Sick Leave Act (EPSLA) and the Emergency Family and Medical Leave Expansion Act (EFMLEA) became effective on April 1, 2020 and will remain in place until December 31, 2020.
Join us in this FREE live webinar, to get the practical information regarding:
- Frequently Asked Questions by Members
- Employee Coverage and Eligibility
- Qualifying Reasons for Leave
- Exemptions & Documentation
- Intersection of the twoo Leave Laws
- Calculation of Pay
- Payroll tax credits
- Available Resources